Zimmer Clinical Success
Zimmer Clinical Success: Evaluating the Real World Performance of Knee Replacements
Zimmer knows there is a lot of information out there about knee procedures and knee replacement implants. If you have spent much time looking at options for yourself or a loved one, we understand it can be confusing. There are a number of ways you can evaluate the performance of a knee implant:
- Examine independent clinical studies conducted by orthopaedic surgeons.
- Talk to an orthopaedic surgeon about his or her experience and knowledge of a product’s performance.
- Look at product performance in National Joint Registries from around the world.
Joint registries are the most comprehensive clinical data sets available, providing an indication of real-life performance among a wide variety of surgeons and in a wide variety of patients. These joint registries are all inclusive, as the sponsoring country requires that every single knee replacement procedure be tracked – making them the most comprehensive databases of knee performance. The fact is that the Zimmer® NexGen® total knee replacement system and the Zimmer® unicompartmental partial knee replacement system have consistently demonstrated among the best clinical performance track records of all implant systems in these registries.1,2,3
- More NexGen Knees have been implanted than any other knee implant on the market.
- NexGen Knees are the subject of more clinical studies than any other system.
There are also numerous published clinical studies that show the superiority in Zimmer’s implant motion and performance over time.
- According to a study of six modern total knee replacement systems, the Zimmer NexGen LPS-Flex Knee had the largest range of motion.4
- The Zimmer NexGen CR Knee showed 100% survivorship at 14 years in a recent study published in the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery.5
The best predictor of total knee replacement surgery success is past performance, and the Zimmer NexGen Knee System is the most proven knee system in the world – trusted by the most surgeons and with more than three million systems implanted worldwide. Learn more.
Proven Function, Proven Results.
Zimmer provides knee replacement products designed to fit every patient and their lifestyle - from the Zimmer Gender Solutions® NexGen High-Flex Knee Implant that address differences between female and male knees, to the NexGen LPS-Flex Mobile Bearing System and the NexGen LPS and CR-Flex Fixed Bearing Knees.
Most importantly, Zimmer knees have consistently demonstrated top performance and durability. That’s why more surgeons trust Zimmer NexGen Knee Replacements for their patients than any other total knee replacement surgery system. However, only your orthopaedic surgeon will be able to decide what option is best for you. To find a doctor, call 1-800-HIP-KNEE (1-800-447-5633) or click here.
1. 2011 Australian National Registry. 2. 2011 Swedish National Registry. 3. 2011 England and Wales National Registry. 4. Edward A. Morra, M.S.M.E, A. Seth Greenwald, D.Phil. (Oxon) et al. The Influence of Knee Design on High Flexion: A Kinematic Comparison with the Normal Knee. AAOS 2008. 5. J. W. Park, Y. H. Kim, Simultaneous cemented and cementless total knee replacement in the same patients, A Prospective Comparison Of Long-Term Outcomes Using An Identical Design Of NexGen Prosthesis, J Bone Joint Surg Br., November 2011, 93-B:1479–86 VOL. 93-B, No. 11.